Solutionize Global are one of the UK’s fastest-growing IT Managed Service Providers, currently working with some of the biggest names in tech. We are looking for a highly experienced Google Cloud Architect for a project of work we are engaged on.
The Storage Cloud Architect works closely with the Head of Storage, Storage Build Architects and Storage Run Leads, as well as Compute Services peers and to develop lean and highly standardized solutions to serve the growing demand for flexible and reliable storage platforms. The individual ensures the delivery of all Storage products, including Backup, File, and Block Storage.
This high-energy, results-oriented job requires a balance of strong people skills, leadership, technical skills and business processes, a sense of urgency resolving problem issues, creativity, work schedule flexibility, adaptability to changing business conditions, and a commitment to a positive customer experience.
- Develop a multi-year product roadmap strategy across the Storage product suite to meet customer use cases across all regions
- Identify technical solutions that would resolve the gaps of recovery requirements to current capabilities in the event of a successful cyberattack that results in major data corruption.
- Re-architecting of the backup and storage technical processes or applications architectures
- Evangelizing the strategy and bringing about cultural change
- Manage the risk review of the estate
- Align resources to a service model for SAN, NAS and Backup under one plan to ensure we deliver holistically a better product
- Accountable for strategic storage service roadmap (up to 18 months)
- CIO Engagement (functional requirements)
- Information Security Risk for the Product
- Create and maintain Run Book including procedures for starting, stopping, monitoring
- Ensures Key Processes are defined in accordance with CLIENT standards/policy
- Support and evolve the Cloud Strategy on behalf of the Client Group
- Providing a leadership role within Client on the strategy and build-out of the Cloud team within Storage Services
- Understanding and helping to define the implications of the Cloud Strategy on infrastructure application development, Information Technology operations, security impact, compliance, privacy, identity management, data integration and mobility
- Providing guidance, assisting development and advising teams designing cloud-based solutions
- Mentoring colleagues and providing cloud knowledge share across the team
- Documenting and defining cloud-based solutions
- Defining best architectural practices, policies and standards for teams looking to adopt cloud storage and backup solutions
- Working with infrastructure partners and specialists to ensure positive delivery outcomes
- Defining, implementing and evolving a central architecture governance model
- Reviewing conceptual designs and architectural blueprints for quality and assurance and consistency Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role defining, operating and driving out a cloud strategy
- Working knowledge of databases, Oracle/SQL Server/Postgres
- Practical experience with GCP/Amazon Web Services/Azure/OpenShift
- Knowledge of Software Delivery Life Cycle best practices and design
- Well-developed business and requirement analysis skills, including excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and stakeholder management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing and alternating priorities with a constant focus on delivery
- Knowledge of the Finance/Controlling domain and end-to-end workflow for banking and trading businesses
- Experience in conducting Cloud Readiness Assessments observing business and technical perspectives
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views.
- Deep understanding of infrastructure technology across a broad range of infrastructure products and their supporting data centres, specifically those corresponding to storage and backup services
- Extensive knowledge of storage infrastructure, specifically within cloud-based services
- Strong architectural understanding through all architectural disciplines (business, data, application, technical and security)
- Several years of experience as a Solution Design Architect.
- Successful business development assignments involved in shaping strategies and then delivering tailored products that generate significant value to the infrastructure client.
- Capabilities required
- Business Continuity
- Client services
- Operational Management
- Process Development & Management
- Project Management & Project Governance
- Quality Management